A labour market report, Paving the Way, released today by BioTalent Canada, surveyed skilled newcomers, immigrant serving agencies (ISAs) and employers, and included recommendations on how internationally educated professionals (IEPs) could better connect to jobs in Canada’s bio-economy.
Key report findings include:
IEPs arrive with the knowledge and skills needed by Canada’s bio-economy
- Two-thirds (67.6%) of the IEPs surveyed reported having a minimum of a master’s degree and over half (56.8%) indicated having worked in biotechnology prior to immigrating to Canada.
The PEI BioAlliance is pleased to sponsor an Island industries panel discussion on diversity in our Island economy.
The PEI Community will be participating in upcoming WorkPEI Career Fairs:
- PEI BioAlliance – attending Montague (March 6) & Charlottetown (March 15) Job Fairs
- Sekisui – Charlottetown (March 15) & Summerside (March 13) Career Fairs
- Job Fairs run from 2:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- We will be updating this list as we hear from other companies participating in fairs.
Make sure to drop by to learn more about the PEI Bioscience community. Click here for full list of job fairs.